How to Write a Letter of Appreciation
Your scholarship is possible due to the generous support received from alumni and friends of East Carolina University. One of the most important factors in maintaining support for student scholarships is the communication received from you, the scholarship recipient. Please type a letter of appreciation to your sponsor and share some biographical information about yourself.
The following is a list of suggested items you may want to consider including in your letter:
- Official name of the scholarship
- Thank the sponsor for the scholarship
- Explain why the scholarship is important to you
- Hometown, state and high school from which you graduated (or will graduate)
- Academic Major
- Information about your family and any other members that have attended or plan to attend East Carolina University
- Activities and organizations in which you are involved (clubs, work, civic groups, etc.)
- Special honors and awards you have received
- Information on classes you have taken or would like to take (what classes do you like the most, what classes are the most fulfilling, what classes are you looking forward to, etc.)
- Career goals after graduation
- Anticipate graduation date (from the University)
Please check the spelling and grammar in your letter. You should use a standard font style (Times New Roman, Arial, Calibri), 12 point font size and 1 inch margins when formatting your letter.